It was a joy providing Steve Perrin with space in our hotel room during San Diego 2011, jeez, now more than a decade ago. I was still in final stages of "recovery" healing mode from the dual same day hip joint replacements. My look in this pic was of sheer pain. Steve truly helped out, he got his Inkpot Award and I still thank him from bottom of my heart. Many moons ago in the 1970s Steve sold me his 60s comics fanzine collection. I still have his Alter Ego set 2 thru 9. An employee then with Best of Two Worlds stole the #1 - I did find out who did it - but we were never able to recover it. Big bummer in life's path. I hope he twists in hell forever. When I look at pics of myself from the years 2005-2012 when I was over-come with mind numbing pain from bone on bone zero cartilage left in the hip joints, the years seeking replacements. Having them both replaced on the same day, the two years of healing because there was no place to put upper body weight, I am struck the pain looks like "anger" which was misinterpreted by so many. I guess because maybe I did not "look" damaged. May our friend Steve Perrin RIP in our hearts for ever

Comments

Popular Posts